The foundation of Govt. College, Civil Lines Multan was laid in 1959. The role of this almamater, in serving education for the young builders of the nation cannot be simply measured through words. The teachers and scholars who served this institution were of great caliber. As a result, this college has produced great scholars, bureaucrats, judges, army officers, engineers, politicians and people of great fame spreading all around the world.
During decades it has established from a tiny plant to a powerful shady tree with different branches of knowledge in Multan and Southern Punjab.Fortunately, the hard working teaching staff and the worthy Principal are always ready to help and guide the students. The spirit of service and devotion has always played an important role in this regard. The campus of the college is situated in the heart of Multan City. The building consists of red bricked single storey academic block. It consists of library block, post-graduate block and a commerce block with a boundary wall.
The college has its great records in the sports as well. The bonafide students of the college always keep it up. Our students not only won the titles on different occasions but also they had shown their worth at National level many times. Recently, the worthy Principal after taking charge has shown great interest in the development of college. The Information Technology (Computer), Library Science and the Dept. of Geography are equipped with latest technology and modern instruments.